Exercises to repair separation of ab muscles. I thought I was at 2 finger widths apart around my belly button, but I checked again the other day and it seemed smaller. I’d been randomly doing vacuums, and I guess it helped. I’ll keep going with these exercises from Melissa Bender to keep building up that ab strength.
Keep core engaged. Once I can comfortably do one of these exercises to completion (20 times), move on to the next. If back arches up, that’s a no no and there is no moving on.
- Heel slides @ 7:46
- Table top heel slides @ 11:05
- Table top heel taps @ 15:18
- Both knees up, tap one heel down at a time
- Double leg lower @ 17:46
- Go as low as I can without back arching
- Transverse ab engagement @ 19:42 (can do this whenever, no progression needed)
- Pelvic tilt @ 22:52
- Pelvic bridge @ 25:16
- Reverse plank @ 27:24